I am a single mom and I’ve spent the past 3 years representing myself (in pro se) in a horrific custody battle.
I am not a doctor however, I strongly believe that my X husband suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Learning about this personality disorder has helped me to cope with my situation and it has helped me to stay two steps ahead at all times. Knowledge is power.
This is a story about not giving up. This is a lesson about believing in yourself and what you can accomplish even when the odds (and the court system) are against you. It’s a mothers journey through the California Family Court System and the frustrations that came as a result of the system. I have felt defeated on so many occasions but I didn’t give up even when the light at the end of the tunnel was barely flickering. Through this battle, I have fought harder than I’ve ever fought in my life. I am the person who hates conflict. I had to leave my comfort zone and risk people not liking me.
I am pleased to announce that One Mom’s Battle was featured in the Huffington Post: What Smart Women Do After Divorce by Alison Patton, esq in March 2012.
How to navigate through One Mom’s Battle:
- The Red Flags in the Beginning = dating and early years (2000-2005).
- My Pregnancies and Newborns = when things started to change (2005-2007).
- The End of Our Marriage (2009).
- Fighting for My Children = the battles, the damage and the court process (2009-2011).
- Fighting for My Children: the battle continues (2012).